The Fatima Bint Mubarak Ladies Sports Academy (FBMA) is a not-for-profit government entity of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates. Established in October 2010, the Academy is headed by its Chairwoman, H.H. Sheikha Fatima Bint Hazaa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, and is dedicated to promoting and facilitating women’s sports in the UAE.
Under the generous patronage of H.H. Sheikha Fatima Bint Mubarak, Mother of the Nation, Chairwoman of the General Women's Union (GWU), Supreme Chairwoman of the Family Development Foundation (FDF) and Chairwoman of the Supreme Council for Motherhood and Childhood, the FBMA strives to make sports an element of daily life for UAE national women of all age, background, and physical condition; to encourage Emirati women to adopt a healthy and active lifestyle, and to further establish the values of sportsmanship in the public consciousness of the UAE.
The FBMA serves this significant mission by hosting a number of local, regional and international sports events; facilitating community activities; managing and developing local talent and through its education and research work. In fulfilling its mandate, FBMA partners with the Abu Dhabi Sports Council and other relevant Government entities and sports federations.
- To identify and develop national female sports talent.
- To make sports an element of daily life for UAE national women.
- To set Abu Dhabi and the UAE on the global map of female sports.
- To promote, develop and facilitate women’s sports in the UAE from the capital, Abu Dhabi.
- To create a safe and culturally adequate environment for Emirati women to train and practice sports in.
- To inspire behavioral change amongst the community in favor of an active lifestyle with, and through sports.
- To assure Abu Dhabi’s image and status as a women’s sports hub, regionally and globally.